Extending product lifetime
- Make sure that your Fish Deeper App is always up to date. If you are not sure whether you have the latest version installed, visit the Google Play Store or App Store to check if there is a new version of the Fish Deeper App.
- When you have the latest application, it will automatically update firmware in your Deeper Sonar when you connect to your Deeper. Your Deeper needs to be charged for 50% for the firmware to update.
- All Deeper sonars are powered by a li-poly battery and charging these batteries regularly will extend their life. We recommend charging your PRO, PRO+, START and CHIRP at least once every 6 months. The Deeper 3.0 should be charged every 2 months, even if you are not using it.
- Store your device in a clean, moisture-free environment. A temperature of 16°C-22°C (62°F - 72°F) is ideal, and do not leave your Deeper in a very hot or very cold place for long periods of time.
- Do not leave your Deeper wet. Every time you stop using it – clean it off from water and store it in a dry place.
- The top cover on the Deeper PRO, PRO+, 3.0 and CHIRP should always be screwed tightly (The Water Proof marks must match).
- Please protect your Deeper’s body from physical damage - don’t let it hit into the ground or rocks, etc. Strong physical impacts can damage the sonar irreparably.
- Never put your Deeper in water when it is connected to the charger cable. This could damage the device and any damage will not be covered by the warranty. Always ensure the top cover is firmly closed and the Water Proof marks are perfectly aligned before putting your Deeper Sonar in water.
- Do not screw the top cover with excessive force. “Waterproof” marks should align, but do not forcefully screw the cover any further after the “Waterproof” marks are aligned.
Cleaning and ensuring the device is water-proof
- Clean your Deeper with a soft cloth.
- If your Deeper gets excessively dirty, clean it with a cloth moistened with water or a mild detergent solution.
- Do not use any type of abrasive pad or scouring powder, or any solvent such as alcohol or benzene, for cleaning your Deeper, as doing so may damage the surface of your Deeper.
- Cleaning the water sensors (the two metal points on the of the Deeper PRO, PRO+, 3.0 and CHIRP) can be done by roughly scrubbing them with a sponge. An electronic contact cleaner can be used if needed.
- Make sure that the threads of the Deeper top cover and body are always clean, do not attach the top cover if there is sand or dirt on the thread of the top cover or the Deeper. Clean it first.