Attaching and connecting
Attach your Deeper START carefully and securely
Before you cast out your fishfinder, it is very important to ensure it is correctly attached to your line and rod. Every time you attach your Deeper START, please be careful to attach it correctly and check these points:
- Is your line passing correctly through the tip top (the last and smallest line guide on your rod)? If the line is looped or knotted here, the line can break when casting and you could lose your fishfinder.
- Are you using good quality line that is not worn or frayed?
- Is the swivel clip fully and correctly closed? This is important because your fishfinder could be lost if the clip is not closed correctly.
Switch on your Deeper for scanning
Launch the Deeper app in your smartphone or tablet, then put your fishfinder in the water close to where you are (no further than 2m / 6ft). Your Deeper START will automatically turn on and connect with your mobile device.
ⓘ If your Deeper START is in the water but doesn’t connect with your mobile device (in the Deeper app you will see the status message Deeper is disconnected at the bottom of the screen), please follow these steps:
- Open settings in your mobile device and make sure that Wi-Fi is on.
- Make sure your Deeper START’s battery is charged. When you’re out on your fishing trip you can connect your fishfinder to a car charger or a portable power bank and check which light shows. If the battery is empty, charge it!
- Check the temperature. The Deeper START has an operating range of 0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F. Please note that water and air temperature may be different, and here water temperature is most important.
- Make sure you are using a compatible mobile device and you are using the latest version of the app.
- If the devices still don’t connect, contact our support.